For students, it may require a bit more effort to research this subject; but if you like to be challenged, these ideas are perfect for you. The best part is that researching and writing more about your community will keep you more involved and informed, and it’s a great way to practice interviewing skills.
- Local political scandals. If any local politician was charged with corruption or involved in other scandals, use them to write a great analytical essay and get high grades.
- University dramas. Find out if any local students are fighting for lower book costs or whether employees are trying to break or form local units, because these materials are also perfect for writing an original academic paper.
- Small business winnings and losses. For example, local businesses can be a cornerstone of your community, so researching their impact on it is a brilliant idea for your next academic work.
- Local government problems. If you think that your local government should help citizens more, reflect it in your 500 word essay. Should more funds be allocated to repair roads? Or does the city need to provide more adequate services, including clean water?
- Public school battles. Have any teachers or students been involved in recent scandals? If the answer is positive, don’t hesitate to use it for your next academic essay, and you’ll never go wrong.