The following list includes key questions related to the issues that one must necessarily highlight while writing one’s personal statement:
- When and why did you begin to be interested in your selected subject?
- What is the reason that nudged you to choose this specific subject? Why do you want to be an expert in this sphere? Have you ever thought about another profession?
- What is the reason for your being so keen on studying the subject in this particular university?
- Can you list your personal characteristics? What are your strongest and weakest points? How do other people from your circle of s estimate you strengths and weaknesses? Which special talents or aspects of personality suitably equip you for studies of the subject and for a future career?
- Have you had any work experience related to your chosen subject? Was there anything that has happened to you and has given you an inspirational insight into life as a person of this profession?
- Do you have interests and hobbies outside academic studies? Can you imagine yourself doing the same things in four, seven or ten years time?