This order has already been completed on Kupit-diplomy.com
On Kupit-diplomy.com you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
Psychology - Case Presentation, PowerPoint Presentation
Imagine that you are delivering a case presentation on treatment issues for compulsive gambling and sex addiction to a group of peers. Assume, in the case of Jerry, that you assessed him as having both a compulsive gambling problem and sex addiction. Include the following in your presentation:
• What information will you need to assume (feel free to elaborate) on the case to confirm compulsive gambling and sex addiction for Jerry?
• Theories of gambling and sexual compulsion have pointed to a variety of other factors, including co-morbid diagnosis of other disorders such as ADHD, bi-polar depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder, as underlying them. With the information presented for Jerry, what other disorders might he also be dealing with?
• What steps would you take in initiating treatment with Jerry?
• Discuss the treatment options for Jerry to address compulsive gambling and sexual addiction. Which mode of treatment (individual, group or couples therapy) would you recommend for Jerry? Support your choice.
• How do gender and ethnicity/culture play a role in treatment for Jerry?
• What legal and/or ethical issues are inherent in providing treatment for Jerry?
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as speaker notes for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists.
Support your assignment with at least two resources (in addition to the specified resources for this assignment). These must include scholarly resources such as peer-reviewed articles.
Length: 12-15slides (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 200-350 words for each slide
Be sure to include citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA format and style where appropriate. Save the file as PPT with the correct course code information.
Jerry's Case Study: Jerry is a 40-year-old, married, moderately obese man of American Indian and African American descent. His wife, Sylvia, is of American Indian descent and, according to Jerry, is overweight. Jerry describes his wife as a compulsive overeater and adds, “The one thing we have in common is that we both enjoy a good meal.” Both of Jerry’s parents died of drug and alcohol-related illnesses. Jerry is referred by his employee assistance program (EAP), for treatment of nicotine addiction and pathological gambling. His involvement with the EAP followed a referral from Jerry’s supervisor due to job performance issues and absenteeism. The EAP counselor, who obtained a signed release from Jerry, revealed that Jerry’s job performance problems include complaints from co-workers that Jerry has borrowed money that he has not paid back and continues to ask others for loans. Jerry tells you that his employer is, “Full of it. He is just jealous of my superior intellect and wants to get rid of me because I threaten his ego.”
Jerry admits that he smokes a pack of cigarettes a day, loves the thrill of gambling, enjoys a “good marijuana buzz,” and likes to “flirt with the ladies.” He tells you that, “It would probably not be a bad idea to cut back on my smoking, lose a few pounds and lay off the gambling and women to get my old lady off my back; but no way I’m giving up my pot!” When probed further by the counselor, after the last comment, he admits to marital problems, but blames Sylvia for much of their difficulties. He admits to having extramarital affairs, and that he is aware that he is compromising his values and feels as if he is leading a double life, but claims “it’s the only way I can get my sexual needs met.” He agrees to see you so that you can help him prove to everyone, including his wife, that he doesn’t have a problem and that, “I just enjoy the good life.”
Imagine that you are delivering a case presentation on treatment issues for compulsive gambling and sex addiction to a group of peers. Assume, in the case of Jerry, that you assessed him as having both a compulsive gambling problem and sex addiction.