You need to look inside instead of outside. Don’t forget that the topic you choose should reflect your own interests and likes so that think about possible ways to leverage your dissertation. It’s advisable to create your own ideas rather than finding the ready-made ones. Think about other academic projects in which you’ve already been involved, such as your master’s thesis, because they can help you decide on the most suitable dissertation topics. There are certain criteria that will guide you in the right direction:
- Do you really like them?
- Are they easy to manage based on your available deadlines, resources, and materials?
- Do you know the scholarly literature quite well?
- Can your chosen dissertation topics fit your range of competence?
- Are they significant in both theoretical and practical terms?
- Are they original enough?
- Will they take you where needed?