The first important step on the road that leads to a complete understanding of all nuances of critical thinking is a realization of the critical thinking conceptual apparatus. This concept includes many significant elements that are necessary for the perfection of your cognitive abilities. Not to put too fine a point on it, we can distinguish these important steps of a critical analysis, namely:
- definition of the problem, such as how to write my essay in an appropriate style and format.
- analysis and classification of the received assignment.
- identification of the assumptions.
- objective observation of facts and hypothesis.
- judgment of the validity of sources, such as book review sites or academic recommendations.
- making generalizations.
- elaboration of interconnections between unverified theories and/or hypothesis.
- complete and profound comprehension of primary doctrines of case study methods.
- elaboration of your own hypothesis and arguments in accordance with a chosen style and a format of your discussion.
- critical evaluation of performed study.
These are the principal steps of a critical analysis. Naturally, this short register does not exhaust the entire variety of analytic methods and techniques. Recently, there exists a large number of educational manuals, help-yourself guidelines and speech topics that acquaint learners with various methods of analysis and different points of view on the problem of a modern analysis, some of which are even contradictory to each other. Nevertheless, without perfect apprehension of this basic analytic technique your future education in the sphere of independent intellection is meaningless. One cannot count on success without a deep knowledge of primary principles of thinking and permanent training of one’s critical abilities.