No matter, what you’re actually criticizing, your critical reaction paper should include a solid argumentation thesis regarding the text and a slew of textual evidence sources to support your exclusive interpretation of the text.
You require analyzing your text as an individual reader. Get ready for standing in judgment over the text. A critical reaction paper suggests examining, explaining and defending your personal reaction to this particular reading. Substantially prove why you admire or dislike this text. Explain whether you agree with the author or not. You should identify the major purpose of the text and get down to criticizing it. Regardless of your attitude to the text, you need to demonstrate a deep understanding of it.
Avoid using the standard high school approach to writing. On the contrary, you’re expected to give an analytical and systematic to the text.
First of all, you need to mention its title. The same is true for the author and the main thesis of his or her writing.
After this, in your critical reaction paper you should answer the questions illustrated here below:
- Does the text contradict to your personal view of the world?
- What do you consider wrong or right here?
- What does this text have to do with you and with your life?
- Has this text changed your views on anything?
- Did you enjoy it?
- Do you consider it to be a work of art?
- How well does this text address things you personally consider important?
- What’s your overall reaction to it?
Try to make your critique positive. You require praising the text if possible, of course.
It makes sense to rewrite your critical reaction paper several times before you consider it fully completed. Ask somebody to ready your draft and write their suggestions and comments no how you can improve your critical reaction paper.