Posted at 05.24.2017
Many students are confused when it comes to writing a book report or review. Why? The main reason is that this academic assignment is not as easy as it seems. You should understand that it challenges you to write and think critically about any novel to succeed and get high grades when it comes to your writing a descriptive essay . Take into consideration your favorite characters, settings, and other important book details to succeed. For example, if you’re assigned to craft the Taming of the Shrew essay , keep in mind that it’s all about discussing a performance that raises a variety of important issues and matters, such as appearance versus reality. Shakespeare uses different literature tools and techniques to introduce many crucial themes to readers throughout this play. It can be interesting and fun to write about them in your academic paper, but if you don’t think you have the necessary skills, entrust this task to our team of expert essay writers.
- Do you agree that gender roles have an impact on the characters’ attitude? How does it surface in this play? Do all men characters have a specific idea of the right behavior of their wives? How do women feel about these expectations? Are they oppressed? Feel free to answer any of these questions in your creative essay.
- This play is a well-known comedy, but there are quite serious questions and social issues included in it. What is the role played by humor in it? Pay attention to the most interesting scenes and provide examples in your book report. Why are so many comic devices used in this story? Be sure to make your personal statement about that.
- Take into consideration the characters of Gremio and Hortensio. Why do they fail to succeed? What is the main reason of their failure?
- It’s true that all Shakespeare play plots follow a specific pattern. Does this play deviate from or conform to it? Make sure that you provide enough evidence to support your point of view.
- You need to discuss the style and language of this book, and don’t forget to discuss and define their most prominent details. Can you provide any examples of inversions? What do they signify? Consider these questions when it comes to your writing a definition essay .
- Be sure to evaluate and discuss the main purpose of the author’s Induction. What do critics say about it? How does it relate to the theme and subject of this play? Why does Shakespeare refuse from returning to the story of Christopher Sly?
- Analyze and share your ideas about the settings of the Induction. Where does Christopher hail from? Where was he first discovered?
Taming of the Shrew Essay Questions
- What is the main purpose of this story?
- What about Minola sisters? It’s advisable to compare and contrast them, both in the end and at the very beginning of this play. What can readers learn from them?
- Pay attention to the disguises assumed in this book. What makes them more or less successful? What might the author be trying to tell readers?
- Focus on the final speech of Kate. Is there any clear evidence that she treats this passage seriously? Provide your targeted audience with direct quotes from the text. What may suggest that she doesn’t believe her own words?
- The basic focus of this play is the theme of love (romantic, platonic, etc.). How can you characterize each love form based on your reading? What is the author trying to say about their nature?
- Is this story misogynistic? Think about its feminist interpretation? What may constitute it?
- Concentrate on the main motif of the disguise when writing your Taming of the Shrew essays .
- Evaluate the battle of wits (when Katharina and Petrucio first meet). What role is played by the language used to describe it? Is it honest, ambiguous, duplicitous, or straightforward? Back up your answer with direct references from the text.
- Can we view this story as a morality play? What do the main characters learn by the end? Take into account the final banquet scene and evaluate its moral framework.
- You can discuss the issues of different social classes in this book, and remember the possibility that Tranio can play the nobleman role better than his master when writing your grant proposal .
- What is the author trying to tell readers about love versus contempt, marriage versus courtship, country versus city?
- Compare and contrast Grumio and Tranio as the most interesting servants in this play. How are they similar and different? How do they reflect their masters?
- What is the role played by money in this narrative? When giving your answer to this question, take into consideration such characters as Baptista and Petruchio.
How to Structure a Good Book Report
- Write an introduction. Make sure it’s concise and catchy for future readers, and this is where you need to provide basic details about this book. Don’t forget to include its title, author, genre, and publication data, and write a few sentences about its plot.
- Craft the main body. It comprises of two basic sections: the explanation of the whole story and sharing your personal opinions about it. As a student, you need to evaluate the main theme and purpose of this book and summarize its details. If you don’t know how to do that, our creative essay writers who will provide their how to write a speech and other guidelines.
- Write a conclusion. It should be concise, interesting, and to the point, as this is where you need to pull all of your thoughts together. For example, think about the impression this book left on you and state the most important facts that readers should know.
Examples of completed orders
More than 7 000 students trust us to do their work
90% of customers place more than 5 orders with us