There are many interesting subjects to discuss if you’re assigned to write a gender role essay. Keep in mind that gender roles are both cultural and personal, and they regulate how men and women should think, interact, dress, and do other things within their society context. The first idea that you may have when it comes to your writing a critical essay is the global inequality issue because women are involved in many relevant situations. Take into consideration interesting and arguable issues and discuss them on both ends of the spectrum to come up with a great academic paper. If you find this task a bit intimidating, don’t hesitate to our team of expert authors who will help you handle it fast and at quite affordable prices.
- Focus on gender stereotypes. It’s easy to find them in different activities, colors, and clothes assigned to people based only on their gender. You should provide at least a few strong examples, such as pink vs. blue, female homemakers vs. male lawyers, and so on. When people are removed from their assumed gender roles, they often find out that their personal interests stray from existing stereotypes. That’s why you shouldn’t forget to discuss them in your paper.
- Concentrate on professional inequalities in the modern society. This subject is perfect for your gender roles in society essay because there are still major inequalities in workplaces, although many companies and people do their best to close this gap. For example, you should mention that women are paid less than men, and fewer of them have leading roles. Another important problem that indicates the workplace inequality is the negative stigma earned by strong women in charge for the same behavior seen in leading men.
- Discuss political affiliations. Nowadays, men tend to dominate in this field because modern societies entrust them with leading roles, and the latest voting results prove that. Think about devoting your gender roles essay to this matter, and this means you need to research the main reasons behind it and possible solutions that you can offer.
- What about infanticide? It’s all about killing unwanted babies either right after their birth of shortly after. It’s a gender problem because many female kids fall victim to infanticide these days. When dealing with your writing a descriptive essay , you can discuss this issue in terms of such countries as China where it’s a legal practice.
Interesting and Original Topic Ideas for Your Paper
Gender equality issues are prevalent in all countries, but it’s possible to lessen this gap. As a student, you should research and explore such problems as professional inequalities, stereotypes, and others to come up with a great topic for your essay. Take into consideration the following ideas:
- What factors are important for shaping existing gender roles? Think about social, cultural, biological, and others to succeed with your creative writing . For instance, you may agree that cultural and social factors play a more important role, so use this fact as your starting point. Be sure to find sources to support your thesis statement and answer this question with ease.
- Find out more about the degree to which gender expectations and roles have changed over the last years because this topic is also interesting and original. It’s advisable to compare past and modern tendency when crafting excellent and catchy gender roles essays .
- Define whether men or women are more restricted by conventional roles and support your opinion with solid and proven facts.
- Take into account the ways in which you are influenced, either negatively or positively, by traditional gender expectations and roles.
- Your academic paper may explore such topics as rites of passage for both boys and girls, women in the military, specific mass media products (TV shows, magazines, and others), etc.
Common Mistakes when Writing This Essay
If you want to write a perfect argumentative cms paper on gender roles, there are certain points that should be considered to avoid the most common mistakes made by college students.
- Failing to make a solid thesis statement. Don’t rush your writing process if you don’t want to end up with the same error because your essay is centered on it, and you need to prove it concisely and clearly. A weak statement usually makes the rest of gender role essays hard and boring to read, so take your time to collect enough evidence to support the main idea. Make sure readers can understand the most important points of your paper.
- Failing to pick an interesting and fresh topic. You should look for something that you like and believe in to make a clear stance, and brainstorming different ideas can help you make a good choice.
- Providing solely your points of view on the chosen subject. This is something that should be avoided because you need to provide the targeted audience with solid facts that support the claim you’re making in this paper. Be sure to give obvious reasons why your opinion is the right one.
- Forgetting about formatting an essay You should check if it’s formatted according to basic rules and requirements of your professor. Otherwise, you will fail to submit a quality paper and get high grades.
- Lacking enough focus on the chosen topic. Getting off your main subject is a poor idea, and you can avoid this mistake by checking all essay section to ensure that its content stays on it.
- Forgetting to cite all sources of information used to write your academic paper. If you fail to do that, you’ll be accused of plagiarism.
Examples of completed orders
More than 7 000 students trust us to do their work
90% of customers place more than 5 orders with us