When writing a book report, there are different mistakes that should be avoided, such as choosing the wrong topic and describing a book that you’ve never read. Make sure you’re making a personal statement , give solid facts, and share your opinion about different details related to the story. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to craft an excellent academic paper without some basic knowledge. If you need to write a perfect Frederick Douglass narrative essay , keep in mind that this book belongs to the most influential and significant literature works. It’s an autobiography that tells readers about the author’s life as a slave who escapes to become one of the most respected and prominent reformers and lecturers. Still have no idea of how to get started? Then you should think about using professional essay writing services, but make sure that they are reliable and of the best quality. Choose our team of expert academic authors to ensure a high quality, fast speed, and reasonable prices.
- What role is played by women in this narrative? Take into consideration how their characters are related to Douglas when crafting your book report.
- Analyze the main character’s treatment of religion. Why does the author include the appendix?
- How is New Bedford described in this book? Does this description undermine any financial arguments or reasons in favor of slavery?
- Think about the private speech of Douglas to the ships. Why is it recreated in the narrative? What do they represent? Why is it so important? Make sure you can answer these questions and provide enough supportive evidence, such as relevant peer reviewed articles .
- Evaluate different references to American revolutionaries. How does the author use them? Are they different from others? Why did Douglas include the phrase «An American Slave» in his title?
- Focus on specific analysis questions when crafting your book report and be sure to define the most important images that represent freedom and oppression. Compare and contrast the oppression manifestations experienced by the main character during slavery.
- When writing evaluation Frederick Douglass essays , answer the following questions. Why did the author break with his editor? What important critical skills were responsible for the success of the abolitionist movement in the US?
- Do you want to write an interpretation essay? Define the most significant event that you call the turning point in Douglass’s slavery experiences that led him to freedom. Why did he call his ability to read a real curse?
Fresh and Creative Essay Topics
- Be sure to analyze persuasive and ethical appeals. How is the author established as a persuasive and credible writer when it comes to discussing slavery? What about his logical appeal? What facts does he represent to readers to persuade them to his opinion? Focus on the Frederick Douglass essay topics connected with emotional appeals. How does the author appeal to the emotions of readers?
- Take into consideration the language used to write this book. For example, it makes sense to choose one passage to analyze it in your paper.
- Consider other excellent topic ideas that can be used for your book report. Feel free to characterize the main character, analyze why it was daunting for him even to think about escaping, focus on the mental effects of slavery, and so on.
Basic Information about Writing a Book Report
To achieve your academic success and impress readers, you should use this reminder of a few basic conventions that will help you (including what is thesis guidelines).
- Take into account your targeted audience when planning this academic paper. You shouldn’t just explain some basic details or sum up events.
- Don’t forget to write down the title and author in your introduction.
- Write in the third person. For students, you can use the first person only when discussing your personal connection, opinion, event, or reflection of this narrative.
- Be sure to write this essay in the present tense. That’s because books exist in the present.
A List of Widespread Essay Writing Mistakes
- Forgetting about the right case study format . This means that your essay should be formatted correctly and according to the requirements of your professor.
- Failing to organize your important thoughts before you start writing. Taking into account the basic parts of this book, such as its plot, time period, settings, and characters, is one of the most effective ways to succeed.
- Failing to write a rough draft. You should understand that it’s your basic step to crafting a perfect book report, so that allow your thoughts to flow and make sure you read this story fully.
- Not having enough time. It’s the common problem faced by many students, and that’s why they tend to rush their writing and thinking processes without learning the necessary information. If you don’t have any viable solution, our team of reliable academic authors who provide a variety of helpful college paper writing service
- There are other widespread mistakes that should be avoided when writing a book report. For example, you should avoid using both too many and too few commas, including misspelled words or phrases, and so on.
- Failing to proofread your creative essay. That’s why you miss many grammar, punctuation, and other errors that affect your grades.
- Failing to include the necessary transitions between all paper paragraphs. They serve as an effective connection.
Examples of completed orders
More than 7 000 students trust us to do their work
90% of customers place more than 5 orders with us