Basically, reviewing and analyzing different books helps children develop the right comprehension and other important skills. They are providing with an excellent opportunity to share their personal opinions and thoughts through this popular writing exercise, and this is what helps them develop their own style. There are specific elements that should be included in any book report, so you need to know their exact framework to make it easier to complete this academic assignment.
- Take a look at the examples of similar book reports, and they can be found in different sources, such as the Internet.
- Check their structure to get a better understanding of their important elements that usually include: the title, author, a summary of the plot, comments on both weak and strong sides, personal thoughts and feeling about the chosen book, and others.
- Choose the text you want to evaluate in your book report, and it can be anything from a simple novel to a long story, but make sure it’s interesting and fun to read. For children, it's worth paying attention to comic novels, picture books, and similar options.
- You should take notes while reading your chosen book, as this is what helps you remember important details, find supporting quotes and specific scenes, and remember your ideas and feelings.
- Try to outline your future report before starting to write it and keep in mind that at least 1 paragraph should be used for every point you want to make about this book.
- Make a list of basic ideas that should be taken into consideration while writing your book report, and this means you need to ask many questions about the plot. Take a look at any relevant article critique example to get a better understanding of them. Determine the genre of your book, where and when its action takes place, evaluate its main characters and their both personal and physical traits, decide if you like the writing style of its author, use good examples to back up your personal opinion, and share your thoughts and feelings with readers. It's clear that this assignment is different from your maths coursework because it requires more creativity and imagination.
- Do your background research about the author, and this is when it’s possible to use many sources of information, such as official sites, biographies, and so on. You need to learn more about the authors of books because it allows you to evaluate the story in comparison with their other works.